This past week I was traveling for work for the first time! I am a big over-packer when it comes to trips, but I was determined to only take a carry-on suitcase with me. I had to decide which of my cosmetics were essential to have on the trip to save space. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be!
What I took with me:
- Laura Mercier Tinted Foundation
- Laura Mercier Secret Concealer
- MAC Blacktrack Fluidline
- MAC Sculpt and Shape powder in Accentuate/Sculpt
- MAC eye shadows in Shroom, Star Violet, Sable, Fig No.1
- MAC Fleur Power blush
- Dior Show Extase Mascara
- Smashbox Brow Tech in Brunette
- MAC brushes in 266, 224, 239SE, 129SE, 219SE, mystery drug store brush I used for highlight/contouring, Smashbox brow brush
All of these items fit into one quart-size ziplock bag, however, I had to put the tinted foundation into another bag, since it was a liquid.
Obviously the items you choose will vary based on your skin type, type of trip, etc., but I thought it would be fun to share.
Here are some general tips that everyone can use when traveling for work:
- Keep it simple. I chose to bring four eye shadows within the purple color scheme. I had one light color to highlight as well as three shades of purple to play around with. I also made sure the colors were appropriate for work.
- Stick to the basics. There is a lot we use on a daily basis that is fun to have and use, but not essential. For instance, most days I use a tinted moisturizer, eyeliner, and mascara. You might notice I don’t have any lipstick or gloss, that is because most days I just throw on some tinted lip balm which I keep in my purse.
- Travel size to the rescue! I brought a lot of my travel size MAC brushes which worked out great and I also happened to have the smaller size tinted moisturizer so I was able to carry it on. Remember, the TSA only allows you to carry-on liquids 3.4 ounces or less, and all your liquids must fit in one quart-sized bag. If your product is over the limit, you can always buy small travel containers to put your product in.