New Year’s Eve Makeup Tutorial
I can’t believe it, but 2012 is almost over! It’s been a great year and it’s been so fun starting my blog and YouTube channel and getting to share my passion for beauty with you all!
Today I wanted to show you my most recent video which is a New Year’s Eve makeup tutorial! It’s really glittery and glamourous and would be perfect for New Year’s or any special event you may have.
Don’t be scared by the glitter! I am not a fan of glitter and I was pretty hesitant to do this look because I was fearful or the glitter aftermath. You know what I’m talking about, glitter specs that hang around for days (or weeks), glitter in my eyeballs, etc. However, I faced my fear of glitter and guess what? It wasn’t bad at all! Here are my glitter tips for those who are also hesitant to use this sparkly stuff.
- Use a product like Fix+ or the Mixing Medium from MAC to help get the glitter to stick.
- Apply a cream shadow first, as your base, again this will help keep the glitter on your eyelid because it’s another product it can adhere to.
- If you do have fallout on your face, wrap some tape around your finger and pat over those areas to pick up the specs. It works really well!
- Only dip one side or your brush into the glitter, if you cover the entire brush the glitter on the side that isn’t being pressed down will just fall all over your face and no one wants that.
- When you’re done for the night and ready to take your makeup off, I suggest using a makeup remover towelette to gently wipe off your eyelids first. Once you have all the glitter off your eyes, wash your face with a good cleanser and warm water. By removing the eye makeup first you’ll avoid getting the glitter all over your face when using your face wash.
Check out my video tutorial and let me know what you think and don’t forget to subscribe to my channel! Be sure to look in the info box on the video for a list of all the products I used. ^_^